Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back in the game!

So, I know it has been a while since my last post and I do apologize for that! But, I am going to make a stab and bringing the blog back to life. Just to fill you in on what has been going on in my life the past few months, heres a quick synopsis.

I am back in full swing at Clemson in grad school. We are actually just short of a month from being done with this fall semester. The weeks and months have really flown by as expected with the amount of work we have been involved in. As you may or may not know, I am working on my Masters in Architecture with a specialization in Health. This involves the design of hospitals, clinics, out patients facilities, senior living campuses, and even healthy living environments in general. One interesting part of our studies has been the opportunity to tour various hospital facilities and experience the spaces that we might normally only see in extreme circumstances. We took two roadtrips to Philadelphia and Orlando to visit hospitals and attend the Healthcare Design Conference 09'. They both turned out being great trips and we were able to make some very valuable contacts.

I have also been continuing my studies in photography and it has been a great chance to explore some new techniques. This is a night shot of Philly's courthouse.
While in Orlando, we were able visit one of their newest hospital expansion projects at Halifax Health Medical Center. This is a photo from the corner of the new tower.

As for other big news in my life, I am dating again and I consider myself very lucky to be with a wonderful girl who constantly goes out of her way to care for me. Aside from being beautiful, athletic, funny, intelligent, etc.. (the list goes on and on) she has become quite the elaborate chef and I have to say that my brother and I are not complaining, ha! We have had a great time getting to know each other and Im excited to see where our relationship takes us. This is a picture from earlier this summer while we were at the beach with my family. I love you Alicia!
Lastly, I finally got my website up and running. There is a good chance that you may have actually been directed to this blog from my website but if you haven't seen it, here's the link: DerrickSimpsonOnline I will be developing the design and adding content quite frequently so be sure to check back in.

Well, hopefully I wont leave you in the dark for so long again! Thanks for reading! Catch you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment