Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rock Climbing!

I got the chance to go rock climbing with my Italian friends tonight.  Our friends Alesandro and Luca took Heather and I to an indoor place across town.  There friend Margo came along too.  She is in town for the week visiting from France.  It was a blast hanging out with everyone at the complex.  This was not like the rock climbing places I am used to at home.  Normally at home, we have to hook in when were climbing because we climb taller surfaces.  This place was more of a training facility for rock climbing.  It was really pretty cool because there were about 6 different levels of hand grabs that you could use across the wall.  The entire center of the room though was a giant mat in case you lost your footing.  We had a great time hanging out with the locals and getting some good exercise.  
We are planning a trip to go to a rock face near Genova later in the semester.  I will let you know how it goes!  Anyways, we are headed to Switzerland and Germany this weekend!  So I will hopefully fill you in on that when we get back on Monday night!  

Ciao Tutti! 

No comments:

Post a Comment