Thursday, January 8, 2009

Exploring

We were able to get out and travel around Genoa some today.  We are trying to learn the quickest way to get down the hillside into the city.  Im sure it will take a lot of wrong turns to learn the right ones.  The hike is actually better then I expected though. Its about a 15 min trip to get down into the central part of the city. We were able to find a grocery store that is close to us in case we need other items in the house.  The food has been really great since we arrived.  I met the cook and the house keeper and the house manager.  I helped the chef with lunch today and she seems really personable.  She asked me to help in the kitchen this semester so I guess that will be my chore.  Should be fairly easy though to work around the kitchen preparing great food and learning Italian as I go.  

We are just hanging around the villa tonight. We had a great dinner and sat around trying to get to know each other a little better over a couple bottles of wine.  We have our first Italian class tom afternoon.  Other then that, we will just be exploring and hanging out.  Catch you again soon! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment