Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vodafone

Today was a fairly productive day here at the Villa. We had Italian class again this morning at 9:30. Then after class I was able to start my duties in the kitchen. I will be helping the chef in the kitchen this semester with daily meal preparation and clean up. I should be able to pick up some great recipes while I am working with such a great cook.  I will also be able to practice my Italian a lot more often.  

After lunch and clean up in the kitchen, we had our afternoon Italian class for about an hour.  After class, the other half of us students without a phone headed down into the city to fill out the information and pick one up.   We ended up getting some pretty cool phones because they were out of the standard ones that come with the small start up plan.   It took about an hour and a half for Vodafone to set up our information and give us our phones.  Luckily we were able to shop around for a while until they were finished processing our info.   I got my new number though and it seems to be working fine.  We can text each other over here and it doesn't cost very much so it will be helpful when we are around town trying to meet up.  Plus the phone seems to work pretty well too, as some of you know who have already called, ha!  Just be careful about those rates, not sure how much it will charge you!  My number while I am here is 349.088.2568.

Once we picked up our phones, we headed back out of the city toward the villa.  There is a elevator on our route down to the city that actually cuts out about 500 steps.  We normally don't take it on our way down to the city but we decided to use it on the way back up. It cost .70 Euros for one ride but it was pretty windy out tonight so the ticket paid for itself.  To use the elevator, you actually walk about 200 yards into the hillside through a long tunnel, then you ride for about 30 seconds.   The top of the elevator has a great view of the city.  I included one photo in this blog, as I try to do with each one, that shows the view you can see from the entrance to the elevator.  I took a couple of shots and made it into a panorama.  Hopefully it will give you a little feel for how much you can really see from there.


After using the elevator, we walked back up the mountain to the villa.  We heated up our dinner which Angela (our chef) leaves for us each night.  We had kebabs tonight and green beans as well as some left over pasta from lunch.  All in all, another great meal.  We cleaned up after dinner and did a few things around the villa.  We are watching a movie tonight which Jon brought.  He hooked us up by bringing and entire cd sleeve full of movies and series dvd's.  After the movie, its off to bed because we start studio tom.  I will update you once I know what its going to be like.  

Until next time! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment