Sunday, January 11, 2009

Genoese Nightlife

Just wanted to fill you in on some of the experiences we have been getting at night.  We were lucky to have some friends of the villa that have been showing us the ropes on Genoese nightlife!  Mainly one guy in particular, luca!  He has taken us to some really cool little places that we would prob.  have never found on our own.  Certainly not in the first week!  I will try to cover the places we have been so far.  The first night we went out with him, we went to a pizzeria accross town that was awesome. It is supposedly the best pizza in Italy.  After eating there, I have no complaints.  Italians use only fresh ingredients in their food and no preservatives which means that we have been eating some really great meals.  After we left the pizza place we headed to one of Luca's favorite bars.  I only have one picture of the inside because I was too wrapped up in learning Italian while I was there.  However, you need to read Jonathan's blog about the inside of this bar.  He did a really great job describing exactly what it was like.  This is his blog post about the inside of the bar.  This is the one snapshot I caught while I was there. 

  A few of Luca's friends met up with us at the bar and they have been really helpful.  I am surprised how willing the Italians have been to speak with us as we struggle to learn their language.  I am picking up the language pretty quick because I can relate most of it with spanish.   We have had a lot of fun talking with the Italians we have met.  It is nice to have someone to bridge the gap for us here in the beginning.  We are so far ahead of the curve from where I was in Barcelona.  We are making friends very quickly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment